Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thanks Uncle Sha

Uncle Sha, leaves at 5am tomorrow for his homeland. His testimony is wonderful. No one is too far from the reach of God's saving grace! Not even a muslim shiite in an extreme fundamentalist country. God has changed this man and I think he will become instrumental in bringing more souls to His kingdom. I look forward to seeing him again, meanwhile I'll keep him and family in prayer. I thank God for his testimony that was truly an encouragement.

Modules continue to be a "nagging dull pain at my neck" as I've still got 3 more to get.
I thank God for allowing me to get 2 modules already! He's able and in fact more then able. It is at times like these in the new year ahead that I believe this year's church theme verse will ring with ever greater comfort, awe and anticipation.

Jeremiah 33:3
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not "

Go to the Lord 1st in prayer. That what I learnt from the study of Jonah, when the sailors tried to unload their cargo to save them from the storm, it did not help. Neither did calling out ot their own gods. And not even desperate rowing. It was only when they called out to God to spare their lives and do what He wanted them to do(which was to throw Jonah off the ship) that the storm stopped. I used to be like them... 1st thing is to try to solve it on my own.. then look for friends to help.. then anybody... the last thing I do is pray.. when I realise that I cannot do it in my own strength... How wrong. God wants me to do all things His way and thru His resources. Phi4:6 "Be careful(anxious) for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

So now I pray first before I do anything like appeal or bid.

He is indeed Jehovah Jireh, God my Provider.

And yes, He is in control.

No comments: