Tuesday, January 17, 2006

call unto me in the day of trouble... Psa 50:15

Saturday night while bathing, it dawned to me that I could be quite a "joke". There is this man, who claims that his God can provide for Him, blind faith... led him to only have 3 modules this semester... some kind of God... perhaps this would be what some of my non-Christian friends would think, after all the bidding rounds have closed. God had been gracious in providing me all my core-modules, yet the modules of Introduction to Jap Studies and Japanese 2 i've consistently been unable to bid succesfully. Even to the extent of forgetting to bid for the japanese module when it was 140+ in the 3rd round, which was uncharacteristic of me since I've been praying and thinking about it regularly. It was getting clear that God wanted to show me that if He were to give these modules to me, it would not be through my human effort... but truly by the grace of God.

Perhaps the reality of going through this semester with only 3 modules could not be any nearer, but that night I was reminded of God's grace to the Israelites despite disobeying Him. For His name's sake that the nation of Egypt will not mock at God because God who led His people out of Egypt, destroyed the people in the wilderness instead. God spared the nation of Israel for it's rebellion time and again, for His name's sake. I prayed that night, afraid of the uncertainty, that for His name's sake that He would preserve me... Nevermind if I don't get what I want, just don't let me be put to shame because I trust in Him...

Psa 119:31 I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.

In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. (Psalms 31:1)

God is true to His word... and the whole time Psa50:15 kept ringing in my head and was spoken to me by 3 different people...

Psa 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Am glad that I did call... And it was putting my faith in who God is to the test... when head knowledge will become heart knowledge...

Monday morning, quiet time reading was on Numbers. The nation of Israel was ready to stone Caleb and Joshua for trusting God to give them the land of canaan. Then the Lord spoke and said He would disown Israel and send a plague to destroy all of them and through Moses will He make an even greater nation. Yet Moses pleaded with the Lord to spare Israel so that the Egyptians would not say that God destroyed them because He was not able to give them the promised land. And God relented, but punished them to roam the wilderness for 40 years. Wow! Yes, we can plead to God for His name's sake.. and for the 1st time I really did...

Reading Joy's blog at12pm in the noon and again I saw Psa50:15. God's promise to deliver me in the day of trouble... that in so doing I will glorify Him... and not be put to shame...
Amazing... isn't it? I've never really known of the existence of Psa50:15 until this experience...

Thereafter I checked my cors website and noticed that I had japanese 2 and intro to jap studies tutorials to bid for! wow!! can't believe my eyes! that means I got them both by appeal!! 110+ pts for japanese 2 and 349 points for Jap studies!! that's real cheap!

Praise God most high! His word is true... and I know it.. because I've experienced it. Those who trust in the Lord will never be ashamed. He will deliver thee. that's a promised that's true because it is said by God who doesn't change and is able and wanting to keep His promises.

Yes, God opened another 2 doors to Japan. This time perhaps the most difficult 2 doors thus far... I wonder what's ahead? but I take delight in knowing my God is ever present, guiding me in the way everlasting!

My God is so good, so strong and so mighty,
there's nothing my God cannot do.

Kids song- thanks to Allvina for teaching.

No comments: