Saturday, December 10, 2005

Newness of life

Sunday School Camp 2005 was a success by God's grace.

I've learnt much during this camp. Camp verses were Ephesians6:10-18 on the armour of God.

Yet, when I came home in the evening. I was struck by an overwhelming sense of a lack of love for God and a desire to have a truly intimate walk with Him. To say I'm a Christian who loves God is one thing, but to act out my love for God is another. How much time I spent in God's word, compared to TV, hobbies, internet chatting, etc.

King David in Psalms 119:97 "Oh how I love thy law! it is my meditation all the day." Can I say that for myself one day? I hope so.

Picked up my Bible and it was at Romans 6. "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." v5

God thought me that this verse is not only for new believers, but also for seasoned ones. Not yet yielded enough. If I wanted to be a man after God's own heart as King David was, I must start by loving God's laws as much as David did, that it was his meditation all the day. Seeking God and His testimonies and statutes above self-pride and righteousness. Today will start a difference in my life again. I will walk this newness of life.

1Pet 1:16 "Because it is written, Be ye holy ; for I am holy(Lev11:44)"

Accountability:
1) Cut TV
2) Read God's word more each day.

No comments: