Monday, April 16, 2007

Reflections on Sin

Sin in life is like a miry bog, a quick sand that threatens to devour me more completely the more I struggle. With each failed attempt, hope wanes dimmer as my heart is crushed in fatigue and paralysed in fear and worry.

Perhap akeen to being caught in a bog, unless someone comes along and offers a helping hand - there is no hope, not in my effort. Yet it takes great humility to accept such help. How often have I took the long route, fell til I am broken, before I was willing to take up the hand that is always there for me - ready to help. Such is sin and such is my pride.

Change my heart O, Lord
Make it ever true
Change my heart O, Lord
May I be like you.

You are the potter Lord
I am the clay
Make me and mold me
This is what I pray.

No comments: